We’re quite lucky to have Sarah Robinson available for our August chat, on the topic of how to get started building a fiercely loyal community.
Why Sarah Robinson? And Haven’t We Already Talked About Community?
Yes, a few months back, we had an informal discussion about community in our Women Grow Business chat, without a guest expert. And it was fun and informative too, as several community members stepped up to give us great advice from their real-world experience with building community.
However, it’s clear after some one on one conversations with several of the women in our Facebook group that we need to cover this topic more in-depth. After all, a loyal community can be the key to unstoppable growth. Just look at Apple computer, Amazon’s top reviewers, or the eWomen’s Network.
Sarah has a book coming out on this topic, called “Fierce Loyalty: Unlocking the DNA of Wildly Successful Communities” with case studies from multiple sources and communities of varying sizes. (The book is set to release on September 19, 2012. For a free preview, pick up her free whitepaper, “The ROI of Fierce Loyalty“.)
Having examined the topic extensively, with documentation of her observations, Sarah Robinson is considered an expert on the topic of what makes community members loyal.
More About Sarah
Given the recent controversy surrounding the idea of expertise, our community won’t accept a person to be an expert without some third party verficaction. If you’re one of the more exacting members of the Women Grow Business family, you’ll be pleased to learn that Sarah isn’t one of those self-touted gurus. Among her accolades:
- Sarah has been quoted in Entrepreneur.com, AOL.com and profiled on AmEx Open.
- On Dun Bradstreet’s list of the Most Influential Small Business Experts on Twitter, she ranks number 47.
- She is also one of Forbes Magazine’s Top 25 Most Influential Women Tweeting about Entrepreneurship.
If you want to read more about Sarah, you can find her at Fierce Loyalty, her blog. Or you can come ask her questions directly at our next Twitter chat on Monday, August 13, 2012 at Noon Eastern/New York time.
And here’s a video where you can see Sarah discussing fierce loyalty first hand.
(If you’re reading this via syndication and can’t see the video link, click here to view the live post.)
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetchat, Tweetgrid, Tweetdeck, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz. (In Twitter you can use the search at the top of the screen, in Tweetchat or Tweetgrid, once you’re logged in, you’ll see an area for you to enter the hashtag at the top of the screen. In Tweetdeck, you can create a column that searches for that hashtag)
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wbgiz is the official channel,@Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s) if any, this time around, Sarah Robinson (@SarahRobinson). This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! Our twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.
We’ll post another reminder as the day approaches. In the meantime, you can add this event on Google Plus, Plancast and Facebook. Or you can download this calendar reminder for your Outlook (or other desktop calendar programs that are compatible with .ICS files).